So far I've learned that posting on Tumblr is a joy, but its near impossible for people to find your blog. The SEO on WordPress is far better, but I'm still debating on whether all the extra effort is worth it.
As promised, posting my recipes on both sites until everything is sorted.
Spicy Corn and Peach Salad (posted originally on WTF do I make with this? )
I served this as a warm salad, but I’m sure it would be just as good cold.
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 peach, preferably a low acid white peach like a Frail Beauty, diced
- 1 large or 3 baby red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- a splash of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- remove the kernels from the ears of corn. This is best handled by running a sharp knife down the corn cob in a wide bowl, then turn the back of the knife towards the corn and run the knife down it again, to get the ‘cream’ of the corn.
- combine the corn, jalapeno, peach and add a splash of vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a heavy skillet, melt the butter. If you desire to add more kick to the corn, add some cayenne pepper (just a dash) to the melted butter.
- Add the onion and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Sauté the red onion in the butter for a few minutes, until just softened.
-Add the corn mixture and cook until heated through.
This could also benefit from some ingredients added after cooking, which I didn’t have on hand, such as some blueberries, maybe some cilantro if you like that sort of thing.